I love enchilada soup and I used to get it every time I went to Chili's for lunch which was a lot since it was right down the street from where I worked for 5 years.
I had blown up to 300 pounds and I really had no idea why and what I was doing wrong.
I thought I was eating pretty healthy but my outward appearance seemed to contradict that. I started to pay more attention to what I was putting in my mouth and started Weight Watchers which turned out to be a wonderful educational tool for me to learn more about what I was putting into my body and what I should be putting in it.
When I learned that the bowl of enchilada soup I would add to my meal was an extra 400 calories and 25 grams of fat I just stopped eating it all together and haven't had it since. It's been about 3 years since that revelation.
Recently someone asked can we have soup on the HCG diet and I said of course you can. Just make sure it follows all the rules. The question had me thinking what could I come up with. I love to take restaurant food, make it low cal, low carb, and taste just as good if not better. So here it is and this seriously tastes better than Chili's fattening version ever did!
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil just enough to saute onions, celery, and brown chicken
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 bunches of cilantro chopped
- 1 head of celery finely chopped
- 8 ounces of diced green chili's canned is fine
- 3 cartons chicken stock
- 6 corn tortillas sliced into thin strips (grissini substitute or can be omitted)
- 3 chicken breasts chopped into small pieces
- 3 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic or 4-5 fresh chopped garlic added during browning of chicken
- salt to taste
While on P3 you could add sour cream and cheese
This will feed a family of 4 at least or you can refrigerate and microwave for a fast and easy lunch or dinner that is HCG Diet approved.
To purchase complete Rx HCG Diet kits visit us at My HCG Supplies